The Center for Leadership in Global Sustainability (CLiGS) educates, inspires, and empowers professionals to create a better future for people and our planet.
Global growth and development challenges require more than technical solutions, they also demand leadership. To help current and aspiring sustainability practitioners address these cross-boundary demands, we deliver the following services:
Our study tours, certificate programs, seminars, and other offerings provide opportunities to continue to learn and develop leadership skills for sustainability.
Research and Consulting:
Our research advances understanding of the needs and opportunities for leadership in the sustainability realm. We develop consulting engagements that bring a blend of academic and professional experience to generate solutions and strategies in several key locations across the globe.
Throughout all of our efforts, CLiGS strives to support those who work with us, whether as a partner or as a participant in our programs, in accomplishing the following:
- Making connections that transcend disciplinary boundaries to understand complex environmental and natural resource systems such as climate, water, and ecosystems.
- Blending practice and theory through problem-based learning and service projects locally and internationally.
- Sharpening awareness of existing opportunities and constraints for leadership to steer systems towards sustainable outcomes.
- Developing an understanding of global trends shaping systems, communities, individuals, and institutions in different regions and cultural contexts to better cope and respond to changes at a local level.
- Growing a network of sustainability practitioners seeking to have an impact through a variety of teams, organizations, and communities.
- Catalyzing new ideas and insights by introducing professionals and practitioners to new places, ideas, colleagues, and experiences that span cultural and geographic boundaries.
#1 in the U.S.
College Factual ranks Virginia Tech’s College of Natural Resources and Environment (CNRE) as #1 place nationwide to study natural resources and conservation.
Virginia Tech’s educational capabilities are globally respected, and students are ensured a quality educational experience with our fully accredited university. Virginia Tech is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award doctoral, masters, and baccalaureate degrees.
We invite you to further explore our website to learn more about our work and to find out how you can join our efforts in cultivating leadership for sustainability.
The Center for Leadership in Global Sustainability (CLiGS), is housed within Virginia Tech’s College of Natural Resources and Environment and headquartered in Arlington, Virginia.