Kathleen Miller Perkins
Kathy is a social psychologist, consultant, writer and researcher. For over 35 years, she has worked with both national and international clients in areas such as leading change, sustainable organizational culture development, and global leadership development. Kathy designed the Sustainability Culture and Leadership Assessment (SCALA™), an instrument that enables companies to assess the degree to which their culture supports sustainable strategies.
Kathy, who earned her Master’s degree from Indiana University and her Ph.D. in social psychology from the University of Kentucky, also serves as a visiting professor in the Doctorate of Business Administration program within the Business School of Lausanne in Switzerland where she teaches quantitative research methods and assists in the supervision of doctoral students.
- How to Become a Sustainable Company Eccles, Robert G., Miller Perkins, Kathleen, Serafeim, George. MIT Sloan Management Review, Summer 2012, Vol 53, No. 4, pg. 43.
- Chief Sustainability Officers: Who Are They and What Do They Do? Miller Perkins, Kathleen, Serafeim, George. In Rebecca Henderson, Ranjay Gulatik and Michael Tushman (eds), Leading Sustainable Change: An Organizational Perspective. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 196-221. (2015)
- Sustainability and Innovation: Creating Change that Engages the Workforce Miller Perkins, Kathleen. Journal of Corporate Citizenship, June, 2013.
- Sustainability at Dow Chemical Miller Perkins, Kathleen, Eccles, Robert, Weick, Mark. Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Spring 2012.
- Employee Engagement and the Holy Grail Miller Perkins, Kathleen. In Robert Eccles, Beiting Chang and Daniela Saltzman (eds.), Landscape of Integrated Reporting. Boston: Harvard Business School, November, 2010.
- Integrated Reporting and the Collaborative Community Miller Perkins, Kathleen. In Robert Eccles, Beiting Chang and Daniela Saltzman (eds.), Landscape of Integrated Reporting. Boston: Harvard Business School, November, 2010.
- Uncertainty Isn’t Going Away: How to Survive and Thrive Miller Perkins, Kathleen. MWorld. American Management Association, October, 2010.
- Engagement Practices