Muzaffer (Muzzo) Uysal, PhD. is a professor of Tourism and Hospitality Management in the Pamplin College of Business and Fellow with the Center for Leadership in Global Sustainability at Virginia Tech. He has extensive experience in the travel and tourism field; has worked on several tourism management and marketing projects and conducted tourism workshops and seminars in more than 20 countries. He is a member of International Academy for the Study of Tourism, the Academy of Leisure Sciences, and serves as co-editor of Tourism Analysis: An Interdisciplinary Journal. He has also authored and co-authored a significant number of articles, five monographs, and seven books related to tourism research methods, tourist service satisfaction, tourism and quality-of-life (QOL), creating experience value in tourism, and scales in tourism and hospitality settings. Dr. Uysal has also received a number of awards for Research, Excellence in International Education, Teaching Excellence, and best paper awards.
His current research interests center on tourism demand/supply interaction, sustainable tourism development and QOL research in tourism.
- Handbook of Scales in Tourism and Hospitality. Gursoy, D., Uysal, M., Sirakaya-Turk, E., Ekinci, Y & Baloglu, S. (2015). CABI Publishing, London, U.K., 432 pages.
- Tourism Experience and Quality of Life among Elderly Tourists. Kim, L., Woo, E., and Uysal, M. (2015). Tourism Management, 46, 465-476.
- Life Satisfaction and Support for Tourism Development. Woo, E., Kim, L. and Uysal, M. (2015). Annals of Tourism Research, 50, 84-97.
- Tourism in Central Asia: Issues and Challenges. Kantarci, K., Uysal, M. & Magnini, V. (Eds) (2014). Apple Academic Press, Canada; Francis & Taylor Group. September, 2014. 368 pages.
- Creating Experience Value in Tourism. Prebensen, N., Chen, J. and Uysal, M. (Eds) (2014). CABI Publishing, UK. 288 pages.
- Effects of Leadership Styles on Quality of Work Life (QWL), Burnout, Organizational Commitment, and Quality of Life (QOL). Kara, D., Uysal, M., & Sirgy, J. Kim. G. (2013). International Journal of Hospitality Management, 34, 9-18.
- The Effects of Tourism Impacts upon Quality of Life of Residents in the Community. Kim, K., Uysal. M. & Sirgy, J. (2013). Tourism Management, 36, 527-540.
- Handbook of Tourism and Quality-of-Life Research: Enhancing the Lives of Tourists and Residents of Host Communities. Uysal, M., R. Perdue and J. Sirgy. (Eds) (2012). The Netherlands, Springer, Dordrecht, 702 pages.
- Tourism and Quality of Life (QOL): Research for 2020: The Hospitality and Tourism Industry by 2020. Uysal, M. (2012). HOSTEUR, 21 (1), 36-38.
- The Tourist Area Life Cycle (TALC) and Its Effect on the Quality of Life (QOL) of Destination Community. Uysal, M., Woo, E., and Signal, M. (2012). In Handbook of Tourism and Quality-of-Life: Enhancing the Lives of Tourists and Residents of Host Communities, editors: Uysal, M., R. Perdue and J. Sirgy, Springer, The Netherlands, pp. 423-444.
- Destination Marketing Research: Issues and Challenges. Uysal, M., Harrill, R., and Woo, E. (2011). In Tourism Destination Marketing and Management: Foundations and Applications, editors: Y. Wang and A. Pizam, CABI, U.K., Chapter 7, pp. 99-112.
- Push-Pull Dynamics in Travel Decisions. Uysal, M., X. Li, and E. Turk. (2008). In the Handbook of Hospitality & Tourism Marketing, editors: H. Oh and A. Pizam, Elsevier, U.K., pp. 412-438.