Degree Programs Designed for Future Global Sustainability Leaders
The Master of Natural Resources degree is designed for working professionals aiming to advance their careers or shift to leadership roles in the environmental and sustainability fields or functions. Delivered through two flexible programs—Executive (in-person/online hybrid) and Online—our innovative instruction allows you to immediately apply what you learn to real-world challenges.
New to the sustainability field? Our programs will give you a thorough and nuanced understanding of where and how you can apply your knowledge and your passion. You don’t need a prior academic or professional background in the field to participate in our programs and begin solving today’s most challenging issues. With the knowledge and skills you will gain in our programs, you can confidently lead from where you are.
Subjects of Study
- Climate Change and Resiliency
- Energy Systems
- Food and Agriculture
- Water and Watersheds
- Poverty and Development
- Urbanization and Sustainable Cities
- Circular Economy and Sustainable Business
- Market and Governance Transformations
- Global Flows and Supply Chains
- Biodiversity and Ecosystems
- Diverse undergrad majors welcomed
- Graduate in as few as 12 months
- 30-credit, non-thesis degree
- 10-day overseas Global Study
- No GRE required
- Environmental science background is not required
- Admission decisions are based on both academic and professional experience
- No additional cost for out-of-state or international students
- Executive program meets one weekend a month in the Washington, D.C. metro area
A graduate degree from a widely respected and fully accredited university like Virginia Tech can lead to new rewarding career opportunities, whether you are looking to step up or pivot. To help chart career trajectories, all of our students receive personalized career coaching.