They're really teaching you the skills you need to be a leader in your field and to understand decisions that other leaders are making.
Virginia Foster, Alum
I was looking to move my career from a mid-level government employee to an executive position. After graduating in 2012, a year and a half later I am now the executive director of a non-profit.
Kate Fritz, Alum
I think anybody can benefit from XMNR; it’s all a matter of knowing what you want to get out of it, and that takes some self-reflection.
Darin Liston, Alum
The XMNR program provided an outstanding foundation for my next professional chapter, upon my return to Korea. I’m now honored to work for EcoLead, a comprehensive green consulting firm, as the head of the LEED certification department and as a general manager. The XMNR program provided me with interdisciplinary knowledge and professional skills that I continue to apply each day.
Soyoung Lee, Alum
The XMNR degree has helped me to build an international work portfolio and is also helpful as I assist in urban renewal programs in my hometown of Detroit. Challenges of sustainability are truly relevant wherever we find ourselves.
Maggie Striz Calnin, Alum
Our alumni may live and work all over the world, but they remain closely connected, both in person and online.
- Center for Leadership in Global Sustainability Group
- Virginia Tech's XMNR in Leadership for Sustainability
- Virginia Tech's Online MNR Programs
- Sustainable Urban Planning
- Green Building for a Better World
- Be the Example You Want to See
- A Different Facet of “On-the-Ground”
- From Capstone to Curriculum
- Growing Connections and Getting Results
- Why “Boring” Is Important to Sustainability
- Alicia Thomas Finds Her Missing Piece
- A Broader Sustainability Perspective